WOODLAND HILLS SUBDIVISION
1. Building sites shall be used and occupied solely for private residential purposes by single family,
including family servants. Each single family home must have an attached two car, or larger, garage.
2. The living space above grade for a one story dwelling exclusive of open porches and garages,
erected upon said above described lots, shall be not less than 1,500 square feet total square fee. The
living space of a one and a half story, two-story or tri-level dwelling, exclusive of open porches and
garages, erected on said above-described lots, shall be not less than 1,700 total square feet. Each home
must have a minimum 5:12 roof pitch. No cinder or cement block structure shall be permitted on said
lots except as foundation. The dwelling unit must be completed within a six-(6) month period from the
start of construction. No manufactured homes or other types of housing structures which are built
and assembled at another location will be permitted.
3. No house trailers or mobile homes will be permitted to be moved onto any lot in this subdivision.
4. Drives for single family homes shall be at least sixteen (16) feet in width and constructed of
concrete or paving brick. Construction of sidewalks within the street right-of-way shall be the
responsibility of the Lot owner in accordance with the City of Wapakoneta Specifications.
5. No noxious or offensive activity shall be carried on or upon any lot in said above described plat,
nor shall anything be done thereon which may be or may become an annoyance or nuisance to the
6. No trailer, basement, tent, shed, garage, barn or other outbuildings shall be used on any lot at any
time either as a temporary or permanent dwelling.
7. No signs of any king shall be displayed to the public view on any lot in said plat, except one of the
1. One (1) sign advertising the property for sale or rent.
2. One (1) sign to advertise the property during construction, development and sale.
8. No animals, livestock or poultry of any kind shall be raised, bred or kept on any lot in said plat
excepting dogs, cats or other household pets, not to exceed a total of two (2) pets, providing they are
not kept, bred or maintained for any commercial purpose. Kennels are hereby strictly forbidden.
9. No lot in said plat shall be used or maintained as a dumping ground for rubbish or trash. Garbage
or other wastes shall be kept only in sanitary containers. All lots shall be mowed and the grass kept
neat, trimmed and cut at all times.
10. These covenants, restrictions and limitations shall be binding on all parties hereto and all owners
of lots in said plat for a period of ten (10) years from this date, after which time, such covenants,
restrictions and limitations shall automatically extend for successive periods of one (1) year unless an
instrument in writing, signed by majority of the owners of the lots in the premises, has been recorded
agreeing to change said covenants, restrictions, or limitations in whole of in part, which agreement
shall specifically enumerate the changes thereof.
11. No trucks or trailers other than those used for family purposes, of any type shall be parked, kept or
stored on any lot in said subdivision unless the same be parked, and kept or stored in a garage or other
WOODLAND HILLS SUBDIVISION
accessory building which has been erected with the consent and approval of the developer, or its
assignee. No boats, trailers, motor homes or other chattels of similar nature shall be stored or
maintained on any lot in said subdivision for a period of longer than three (3) days.
12. No owner of any Lot shall interfere with the natural flow of surface water through drainage swales
or drainage pipes on his Lot.
13. Enforcement of the terms of these restrictions shall vest in each of the Lot owners of this
development. Said Lot owners may, at their discretion, join together to enforce any and all of the
Terms of this agreement.
Enforcement shall be proceedings in law or in equity against any persons or legal entity
violating or attempting to violate any covenant, restrictions, or limitations. These remedies are
available to any lot owner of said above-described premises who may seek both a restraint of such
violation and damages thereof.
14. All easements and right-of-way are reserved in and over such said lots as are shown on said plat,
For the construction therewith for the transmission of electricity, for telephone and drainage facilities
including surface drainage and other purposes; also for the construction, operation and maintenance of
drains, sewers and pipe lines for supplying gas, water, heat and for any other public or quasi-public
utility or function maintained, furnished or performed in any method beneath the surface of the ground.
Easements shown upon the plat may also be used by utility companies as circumstances require.
15. No fence shall be erected on any lot in this subdivision without the express written approval of the
Developer or its assignee. Any application for the construction of a fence shall show the location,
height and type of material and if approved and built shall be properly maintained at tall times.
16. No televisions, radio or other type of external antenna or receiving dish shall be installed on any
lot with out the express written approval of the Developer or its assignee, Approval will only be
granted if the design and location is determined by the developer or its assignee, at its sole discretion,
to be of no detriment to the ascetics of the neighborhood.
17. In the event that there is invalidation of any one of these covenants, changes restrictions or
limitations by judgment or order of any court of competent jurisdiction, the same shall in no way affect
any of the other provisions hereof, which shall remain in full force and effect.
18. No structure including the main residence, garages, out buildings or storage sheds shall be erected
on any lot in the subdivision until the plans and specifications have been approved, in writing, as to
location, grade, elevation, size of structure and external design, by an Ohio Corporation, the Developer.
The original committee shall consist of John A. Schlenker, Philip E. Schlenker and David P. Schlenker.
The building plans shall include at least a site plan, elevation plan and floor plan.
In the event of the death or resignation of any member of the committee originally appointed, the remaining
member or members of the committee shall have the power to appoint new members to fill the vacancies.
WOODLAND HILLS SUBDIVISION
In the event such architectural committee fails to approve or disapprove said plans and specifications within
thirty (30) days after being submitted to them, then such approval shall not be required, provided the design is
in harmony with similar structures in the development and conforms to all other covenants, restrictions and
conditions set forth herein.
19. These Protective Covenants are in addition to any applicable City of Wapakoneta building and